Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Zilker Nature Preserve

One of the things I love most about Austin is its thin line between nature and concrete.

Today we hiked the Zilker Nature Trail inside the Science and Nature Center downtown Austin.

It was a short, but enjoyable hike with plenty of stops along the way.


We climbed the steep hill to the top of a lookout into downtown Austin...





I'm not sure what the old structure is that sits at the top of the hill. An old homestead maybe? It's one of those things I wanted to research but haven't gotten around to yet....


The kids found a geocache also....



They all signed the geocache log
Back down the trail onto another splinter trail....





Into Dry Creek. All of the kids...even the older ones....spent awhile playing in the "creek". ...



I absolutely LOVE this picture of the teens. In order to give them some posing inspiration I directed them to give me their model pose....






At the trail entrance/exit is the animal sanctuary....


We ate a quick lunch at the Nature Center and headed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment