Thursday, March 19, 2015

Southern Walnut Creek Hike and Bike Trail

Today Toby and I took our bikes to the Southern Walnut Creek Hike and Bike Trail.

It's everything I'm looking for in a biking trail. Nice paved "roads" and some really good flat stretches with some equally challenging hills, one of which I named "Hell Hill". I also enjoyed the peaceful scenery along the way.

We only traveled about 7 miles of the trail but it's a pretty expansive trail that is in the works to be extended to Manor.

Here are some pictures from our day outdoors.....






Taking a break to check out the creek


ewww...gross



A glimpse of downtown in the distance


Red Bud in bloom
Below is a picture of "Hell Hill". It was soooooo much fun going down!! Unfortunately I had to walk my bike back up a portion of it on the way back. It just felt like it was getting steeper and steeper as I went. Toby dusted me and was at the top waiting on me as I huffed and puffed my way to the end.


If you look closely you can see it spiraling its way down. I'm looking forward to going back and exploring more of the trail.


Lastly, here is a picture of a recent sunset....


At first glance, when I looked out my back window last night the clouds resembled mountains in the distance.....


1 comment:

  1. I love that you check out all of the great trails around Austin! It helps me when I am planning my annual trip to that area...your comments let me know which are the best. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete