Saturday, August 13, 2016

Brother, Baby and Babbling

We recently had a visit from Toby's brother Charlie, his wife Tennelle (yes, as in Captain and T) and their 3 month old daughter, Ryleigh.

The visit was both nice and stressful at the same time. It was very hard choreographing activities for visitors with a three month old in tow in the middle of Texas's August 110 temps. Toby and I are more outdoor types, and we found out really quick that Charlie and Tennelle weren't interested in getting hot or walking much...understandably, with a 3 month old in tow.

Me and Toby ended up holding the baby a few times...mostly Toby because I think Ryleigh liked Toby's cushioning better. I didn't mind though, because she reminds me so much of Skye when she was a baby...




We even baby sat her one night for a couple of hours. I won't lie and say it was fun, mostly because of the screaming jag she went on that only Toby was able to pull her out of.  But hey, what are families for, right??



And Bo was just like, what the hell is going on here? I hope that thing isn't here to stay...


Trying to keep cool, we went to the Texas Memorial Museum and the Capitol Visitors Center...



I always like to have our photo taken in front of this display, because Texas has been such a positive move for us...

There's a photo bomber behind us
Here are some more photos from the week...





The one and only time Skye gave the baby the time of day...


Although I can still hear baby babble talk in my head, I enjoyed seeing Charlie and meeting his wife and baby. It was a nice visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment