Saturday, July 13, 2019

Family, Friends and Freedom

July 4th was pleasant this year. Lucas and Emily arrived in from Daphne to share the day with us...well, me anyway. Toby and Skye had to work. Skye did get to come home for lunch and spend a little time with them. They'll be headed back through Austin tomorrow from their trip to Yellowstone and both Toby and Skye will be off to spend time with them.

On the 4th me, Lucas and Emily spent time lounging in the pool and catching up. Lucas and Emily went to bed very early because they were headed out early the next day to Yellowstone. I enjoyed the evening fireworks show right in front of my house with the neighbors. I'm pretty sure Lucas and Emily didn't get a very restful sleep from all the noise.

No pics from the 4th, mom was having too much fun to think about snapping photos.

I often pass by this old cemetery old the country road near my house. It's off the beaten path and looks interesting to me. I've often wanted to stop and check it out, so the other day when Skye was off we decided to drive up there and take a gander at it. It's chained off and I wasn't sure if we were allowed on there, but we took the chance anyway.

There were a lot of old gravestones, so old you couldn't even see the engravings anymore. Then there were some new graves, a lot of them with the same family names and grouped together which led me to believe it was some kind of family cemetery...








Last week Toby and I hiked Bull Creek. It was nice to be able to cool off in the creek after a hot hike....


We like to hang out with our friends Dean and Ruben at least once a week. They're fun to be around and we enjoy their company....


Some other random photos from the last couple of weeks...






Oh! And me and Toby went and checked out Walter E. Long Lake a.k.a Decker Lake. It's very close to our house and we haven't been there in about ten years because it's really not much there for anyone without a boat or some other water craft. Recently, I found out there making some big improvements to the lake....cabins, piers, boat rentals,  hiking trails, etc. so that will be nice...




There's a nice swimming area too...





No comments:

Post a Comment