Monday, August 11, 2014

Visitors

My, we've had an unusually busy social calendar the past couple of months! Aside from Lucas's visit, we had some friends over for the day for lunch and a swim, spent some time hanging with neighbors, and last week was the arrival of my brother and his family.

We had a WONDERFUL time.

Their first night here, we ate at a local popular restaurant, Ramos. Not sure how I really feel about Mariachi bands playing while I'm eating dinner, but I have to admit it added to the atmosphere.


We spent the next day hanging out at Rio Vista. It's one of mine and Toby's favorite water spots and I believe everyone enjoyed swimming...especially my brother's wife Diep and Toby!!


The rope swing is always a big hit...




My handsome hubby


My handsome brother

My beautiful niece
The next day we headed back out to San Marcos. Is it apparent that I love the San Marcos area?!!

We took a tour on a glass bottom boat at Aquarena Springs. I was so enthralled I neglected to take any pictures. I think we all had a good time on the boat.....I did at least.

After our boat ride we headed to the San Marcos outlets. I think my brother and I are probably the only ones that would have rather been doing something else, but we were outnumbered.

The outlet turned out to be fun because I got to hang out shopping with my niece and Skye.

It was a good visit and I look forward to the next!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this blog. I'm a former home schooling mom who likes to quilt and I was planning my annual trip out to Texas (I'm from CA but have a place in Lockhart). You had some nice stories about places to go. I was at Aquarena Springs about a week before you went! Next time I need to stop by and get my bluebonnet tattoo as part of the trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carolyn. Glad you enjoy peeking into my humble little life! Please do drop by our shop next time you are in my neck of the woods. :-)

    ReplyDelete