Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Season Family Fun

Last week we passed our 7 year anniversary of living in Austin. Through the years of living here I have made a pretty good dent on my list of  100 Things to do in Austin list that came with the packet our  Realtor gave us when we first moved here. The Austin Trail of Lights was one of the few left on my list.

Each holiday season that passed by someone was either sick, the weather was too cold or wet, or some other lame excuse.

As Skye creeps on up age, I made the decision that it was this year or never.

We made a whole day ordeal out of it by first having a late lunch at Uncle Julio's, shopping at the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar than on to the Festival of Lights.

Parking is a nightmare in downtown Austin so we opted to stay parked at the bazaar and walk the mile to our destination.

The Trail was impressive but I think it would have been more impressive to Skye if she had been a bit younger. I sometimes forget that she's not my "little girl" anymore and is growing quickly into a young woman.

Sights from our day....
















It was a fun day but after almost 5 miles of walking we were all ready to get home and chilax.


No comments:

Post a Comment