Friday, April 17, 2015

Balcones

Thursday Summer and I met Angela and her crew at Balcones District Park for a hike. I have only been to this park once before several years ago so I couldn't really remember much about it.

My motive for choosing this park was the fact that the Northern Bike Trail system's trail head begins (or ends) at this park.

I've enjoyed riding the Southern Bike Trail so much that I'm anxiously awaiting for the north end to be done and I wanted to check on it's progress.

Angela and I are like two peas in a pod when it comes to exploring around the trails.

We hiked only a couple of miles through the woodsy, shady trail and the mosquito's were getting the best of Jordan.

I enjoyed the trail and it looks like a good place to come back with Bo and explore more.....







Some pretty Verbana
 
There is a nice clearing with some picnic tables



Some ball moss
I've spent most of the past few weeks prepping for our trip to Alabama. I'm not looking forward to the long drive, but I am getting excited about seeing family members and a couple of old friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment