Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In Pictures

Not much to report on last week. We did get together with friends we haven't seen in a couple of months so that was fun. No pics. I'm not "allowed" to take pictures anywhere in the vicinity of the ornery teen. God forbid she randomly get caught off guard or have to smile/pose. I'm hoping this too shall pass. It really didn't matter anyway, it allowed me to give my full attention to my pleasant company.

For the past couple of weeks,  I've been purging old photos in my free time. Not only do I have the millions of pictures I have taken over the years, I also inherited mom's big box of family photos when she died.

My goal is to purge the pics that aren't that great...people I have no idea who they are, blurry shots, duplicates...remember the days when they gave you double prints??? Ugghhh...double prints probably take up half my stash. And old Olan Mills types and school pics? Seems like I must have kept more prints than I gave away.

It's much harder than I thought it would be. Deciding which pictures go or stay is a hard task for a nostalgic person like myself.

I came across more than a couple that tugged at my heartstrings.

It's funny how you don't really "see" your mother until you haven't seen her in awhile. This was taken just a couple of years before her death. The older I get, the more I think about her...


Kids....fantasy gone bad. Just kidding....


I can't believe there was actually a time I complained about being too skinny. I'd love to have those bones back again. I'm pretty sure Toby and I were both high as kites in this picture...before we tied ourselves down with responsibilities...


Other random photos...



We were at a local BBQ place having lunch when this poor falcon (?) being chased by some Grackles slammed into the window in his effort to escape their wrath. He/she was stunned but seemed to recoup okay and eventually flew off....



My homemade skeleton wreath....


My Texas Longhorn beanie. It just needs a Longhorn applique now. So far, I'm having a hard time finding one...


That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment