Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Hike

Yesterday Toby and I got outdoors to enjoy the beautiful spring-like day. We headed to Barton Creek Greenbelt where we parked at the 'Hill of Life' trail head. I have no earthly idea why they call this the Hill of Life. In my opinion, a more appropriate name would be the Hill of Death.

I hate the way I can never capture depth in my pictures. This is heading down the Hill of Life. Luckily, it's not a steep hill, but it is very rugged and rocky....




Instead of taking our usual left at the fork at the end of the hill, we took the right trail. We had never explored this end of the trail before, but I follow and local Austinite on Instagram and he had posted some pictures of the Lost Creek Falls and my interest was piqued for these falls I had never seen before.

It wasn't long after the fork that we came upon what I believe to be Lost Creek Falls, but I can't say for sure. It was beautiful and peaceful and looks like a perfect place to swim in the summer.....



We walked along the trail past the falls to explore....















The trail past the falls was not well maintained and it was very rocky and uneven. Some of the trail meandered along the side of the high cliffs. Bo lost his footing going up at one point and he had to struggle to hoist himself back upon the trail. He was almost a goner....






Looks like someone started on a tree house....



Toby and I enjoyed the hike because it was like real hiking, but having Bo with us made us a little nervous because we weren't familiar with the trail and what lurked ahead. It was an area I hope to go back and explore a little more one day.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these photos! We haven't been very far on that hike, but I would love to go further. We were a little nervous too, but we were nervous because it gets dark earlier and we didn't know how to get back quickly.

    ReplyDelete