Sunday, March 26, 2017

Downtown Day

Today the Blanton Museum of Art downtown, was having a block party, so we headed down there to pass our Saturday away.

Mostly, we checked out the art displays and collected free food samples.

Afterward, Skye requested we walk around downtown.....



We passed through the Capitol. I'm a fan of architectural photography, so I find churches and the Capitol to be very photogenic....







Some new wall graffiti on Congress.....



Homeless person memorial.....


Skye's 16th birthday is next week. I had to sneak in a pic of her in her new dress. I know, I can't believe she's wearing a dress either!!!!


She's been really sweet lately. I'm watching her slowly morph from an angsty teen into a young lady.

Here are some photos I've taken on our morning walks. I love the serenity of this park bench under this old oak tree. The park bench faces a farm with cows grazing. Maybe one day I will have the time to come sit here and just enjoy this little slice of nature...


Bluebonnets in bloom...


Sometimes things will just catch my eye because of the colors in contrast, like these green leaves against the textured gray tree...


Or these pretty pink primrose against the backdrop of a fallen tree....


Last week I cut my grass for the first time of the season. I couldn't bear to cut down these primrose, so I left them as a little patch in my yard....





Skye bought this cactus for her birthday last year. This is it's very first bloom ever...just in time for her 16th.


It was a beautiful day, with a beautiful sunset to end the day. I sat out on the patio with a glass of wine while Skye worked out...hahaha. We have two different ideas of relaxation, hers being the healthier option.



No comments:

Post a Comment