Friday, March 17, 2017

Friendship and Hiking

Last week Skye asked us if we could take her to San Antonio so she could spend the day with her friend, Leana....


She said they had a fun time walking to the shopping center nearby to get frozen yogurt, hanging out in the lounge and fitness room of her apartment, playing with the cats, and playing video games.

While the girls were hanging out, Toby and I took the opportunity to explore nearby, Phil Hardberger Park, with hiking trails....









I was surprised there weren't more wildflowers. These were the only ones I spotted....




There was a geological center in the midst of the trail system, so we took some time out to explore it a bit...






Most of the trail was shady, which was nice since the day got pretty warm....




The Overlook....




The drive home was terrible. The traffic is terrible. I hate traffic, and I especially hate aggressive drivers, which seems to be the in thing these days. Traffic gives me panic attacks, no lie. Skye says I act like an 85 year old lady, and lately I feel like one too. I'd much rather be at home reading or crocheting than maneuvering around in the god awful traffic. Luckily, in just a couple of more short weeks, Skye will be a licensed driver and I will be relieved of some of my parental duties.





No comments:

Post a Comment