Thursday, October 19, 2017

Wonderful Weather

The weather has been very comfortable the past several days, perfect for hiking.

Since we haven't hiked Barton Creek lately, that's where we went.


Campbell's Hole, the first swimming hole on the trail, was very low...


 Toby is showing how high the water typically is on him when the water levels are good....



The Flats were bone dry.....





We crossed over to the other side, something we don't typically do when the water is flowing...




After a couple of miles into the trail, we turned back to check out Barton Springs...


Some people don't mind swimming in the frigid water in the middle of October...


The other side of the 'pool' at what's referred to as Barking Springs because that's where everyone takes their dogs for a swim and it's FREE to swim there....



Later on that night we built us our first backyard fire of the season....


 There was also a beautiful sunset I got to enjoy. A fire in the sky...


On a different note, I need to toot my own horn a bit. I know being a 'homemaker' is not a glamorized or coveted job, and in reality is a degrading, thankless job, but if you're doing it right you can at least make sure your family is happy.

I'm one that likes to do a job right, no matter how much drudgery is involved. I keep my home clean, clothes washed and folded immediately out of the dryer, and meals are on the table when it comes time to eat. I even man the brunt of the yard work. I consider that exercise though AND I'm a bit anal about how things are done.

Getting creative with meals is something I enjoy, and I think I'm a pretty good cook. Also, because we don't eat the typical American diet full of breads, pastas and fast food, I have to think out of the box when I prepare my menu.

I always cook Toby breakfast so he has a full stomach before he heads off to work in the mornings.
I made him an omelet the other morning chock full of mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and cheese..


Here's another breakfast 'burrito' idea I came up with. Cooked egg wrapped in Boar's Head sun dried deli meat with some cheese in the middle. So good. Look at Bo in the backround, he thinks it looks good too...


I even spoil Bo in the mornings. Several months ago, he started with some arthritis in his legs, so I took him off grainy dog food and started giving him a capsule of turmeric every day, I disguise it in a nice fried egg cooked in bacon grease.

I'll note to add that taking him off grains and the turmeric have done the trick. He's now running around pain and limp free. I'm all about holistic approaches, superfoods and changes in diet to heal our ailments. I figured since taking Toby off grains healed his joint pain and other health related issues, that it would work for Bo too, and it did....


No comments:

Post a Comment