Thursday, February 15, 2018

Cabin Fever

For most of the winter I've been in hibernation, hoping and waiting on any cooperative window of  opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. Unfortunately, the most obnoxious weather has fallen on Toby's off days. I feel like I'm going a bit stir crazy. Other than our usual morning (frigid) dog walks, I've been hiding out underneath a blanket on the sofa....not my usual preferred activity, but the only one I feel I have a choice in doing considering the circumstances. I've tried to make use of my inactivity and have at least got some crocheting done.

Determined to make the most use of my time indoors, I've also made an extensive list of new areas I would like to explore and some I would like to re-explore.

Even though the weather was decent for an outdoor hike today, it has been wet/rainy so I chose one with a paved trail, The Gilleland Creek Trail - West

Thanks to my friend Angela for posting it on her blog, I probably would have never known about it.

It was a decent trail and honestly, it was like heaven to get outdoors and get some exercise....








There's a small farm nestled against the trail...




The way these bright yellow leaves contrasted against the grey pavement caught my eye...





Surprisingly, considering the weather lately, there were a ton of mosquitoes in this particular area, most likely from the stagnant areas of the creek. I'm sure the people that will be moving into these nice new expensive homes they are building up against it are going to love that...








It was a nice walk. After our walk we rewarded ourselves with something more unhealthy. Life's all about balance, right? Plus, it was Valentine's Day, and even though we don't celebrate Valentine's Day, we used it as an excuse....



Even though the sunsets have been few and far between, there have been a couple of picture worthy shots...


One evening, Skye recorded this one from her bedroom window and sent it to me...


Also, Skye has been working on her art lately. She's definitely got the talent...


I hope as spring moves closer, I will be more active on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment