Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Birthday in Fredericksburg

Skye's been antsy lately so we offered to take her downtown for the day...




We showed her the new library. She's never been impressed by libraries and this one was no different to her, other than I believe she did enjoy the views....

Doing the same thing she does at home



Skye is so different from us, and even most of her peers, that it's hard to really gauge what she likes or wants to do. Maybe it's just the teen in her struggling to find her place in the world. Maybe she just hasn't found her tribe yet. Even scarier, is that she'll end up like Toby and I, tribe-less. Only time will tell.

Yesterday was Toby's 44th birthday. I surprised him with a day trip to Fredericksburg. He's been wanting to go there for awhile, even though I'm not sure why since I tried to tell him that it's mostly a shopping destination.

Our first stop was the Arc. We enjoyed a glass of wine on the rooftop. Johnson City is really beautiful. I have to say the wine was the best I have ever drank, much better than the cheap HEB stuff we buy.



Next, we checked out the LBJ Ranch. Ironically, it was also LBJ's birthday too, so he and Toby share the same birthday. It was really cool, and we probably would have checked out more of the trails and farm if we had not been pressed for time and it was not 100 degrees....









Next stop was Fredericksburg. I had picked out a restaurant I wanted us to lunch at, but it was closed. Matter of fact, of few of them were closed. I suppose Monday was not a peak tourist day. We chose a nice Mexican Restaurant on Main Street, and it did not disappoint.

Next, we walked along Main Street. Mostly shopping, but it was still fun to look in some of the stores...







Next, we stopped in a local bar called Buc's. The waiter at the restaurant told us they give out a free drink on birthdays....


I think he enjoyed his day, I know I did anyway.

1 comment:

  1. You know every once in awhile you have to get in the pictures too

    ReplyDelete