Saturday, August 11, 2018

Bone Dry

During the months of July and August Toby and I struggle for things to entertain us on our weekends. It's way too hot to enjoy a good hike so this is the time of year we usually spend more time in our pool, but certain people (me) start getting antsy and need to immerse in nature.

We decided to go hike Bull Creek. It's one of our favorite hiking spots and it has a nice uncrowded swimming area we love to cool off in.....or so we thought. This was the first year I could ever remember our swimming spot being dried up. That's how non-existent the rain has been this summer.....

There's usually a nice waterfall leading into a big pool area.....


At least we could check out the big cave area underneath where the falls are usually flowing....


Even the big waterfall area was barely a trickle....


I tell ya, Austin is either feast or famine.

The next day we decided to go to Barton Springs, but this time we actually went into the paid pool area. I wouldn't ordinarily pay to swim at Barton, but it's only $3 for residents.  Toby got to swim on the deep end and jump off the diving board while I lounged on my floaty in the shallow area....


I'm pretty sure we'll utilize the pool a couple more times before summer ends.

Me and Skye have been sitting on out the pool deck in the evenings watching the sunset while she chats my ear off. I guess I should be glad that she talks to me, because I never felt comfortable enough with my mother to casually chat nor would my mother had feigned interest in the conversation like I do with Skye....



Lucas and Emily are on vacation in Vancouver and Lucas sent me a picture of him and the view. He's such a sweet, handsome (30 year old) boy. I miss having him around, he has such a pleasant nature compared to someone else I live with, I won't mention their name...


It's been so hot, and I really hate walking in the heat so I've been walking a couple of miles in the early morning by myself before Toby gets up. I'm an early morning person so I've really been enjoying my peaceful morning walks without the sun blazing down on me....



I love this old house on the highway outside my neighborhood. It sits out there all alone and there's a good view of downtown Austin right behind it. Skye's been to it before when she did camp at Crowe's Nest Farm, she said there's a big fishing pond behind it too...


I dressed up Bo the other day, he's such a good sport, or either he's just too old to resist any more...


Toby was playing his video game one night and shhhhsd  me when I was tried to talk to him, so I just text him this message. I'm one of those people who find myself hilarious, Toby says I'm not funny, just legit crazy. If I am crazy, it's because I'm living with two people who've run me that way...


Here's me, taking a selfie on the way to Barton. No makeup, no filters just natural old lady Laura. I want to look back at myself when I'm 80 (if I make it that long) and remember that I didn't look as bad as I thought I did...


1 comment: