Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Crappy Hikes and A Good Fight

Mother Nature has not been a friend to us this year. It never fails, the weather decides to rear its ugly head on our "weekends"

Last week I had a hike planned that we ended up canceling because it was rainy/wet. I most likely would've bit the bullet and went on ahead and went if it had not been cold too. I don't mold well to being wet and cold at the same time.

So, we decided we would do like the old folks do and go walk the mall. My dad and his wife walk five miles a day in their local mall. Keeps them spry in their old age.

I have to say, walking the mall is not my thing. It was rather boring and there are no challenges like hills or rocks to climb and nothing interesting to look at like animals, interesting vegetation or waterfalls. It made me realize how lucky I am to live in an area where I don't often have to resort to walking the mall. Mall walking will only be used as a last resort for us.

There was an interesting old van in there, but no information to say why it was there...


The next day it had stopped raining, but I decided that our original hiking idea would not be a good idea after the rain. The hike is prone to being muddy and I'm not a fan of walking in sticky mud. So, I chose another hike that I had spotted on the way to our last hike to Crockett Falls that appeared to have a paved trail.

Unfortunately, shortly after we got there we discovered the San Gabriel had risen because of the rain and a good portion of the trail was closed....


 Here's where the trail was blocked by the overflow from the river....


We decided to turn around and go back down the trail the opposite way in hopes that it would give us a good hike. Unfortunately, it was only a couple of mile hike and not really all that interesting, but at least it was somewhere we had not been before.....






We also had a water line break underground and had to have it fixed. $800 later we now have water pressure back and hopefully a lower water bill. Annoyingly, they had to dig up all my front landscaping, so now I'm going to have to figure out what to do to the dug up area to make it visually appealing again...something I'm not very good at...



For the past year Toby has been training in boxing, so recently he was able to enter the Tattoo Gloves fight. I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to watch, but once I saw he was getting the best of his opponent I couldn't take my eyes off it. I was really proud of him and his dedication to all the practice it took to get ready for the fight. All his hard work paid off. Aside from his belt, he also won some nice prizes....


Here's a link for anyone who wants to watch the fight.

Every time Lucas and Emily come to visit, Emily always goes and buys a puzzle to work on. They get them done in a days time, so after they left, it inspired me and Skye to go buy one. Three puzzles later, we're still working on puzzles. It's something we both enjoy doing together....


This week, I have a day trip planned. Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment