Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Well, Hello

Well, it's almost mid January, I was lost, but not gone forever.

Christmas came and went and was uneventful. Lucas and Emily came for a short visit after Christmas. I was only able to get a few random photos....

Lucas and Skye played some board games. Poor Skye, she loves board games but can never get me or Toby to participate.


Lucas with his Matthew McConaughey look going on..


We went and ate lunch at Uncle Julio's downtown and saw this cool looking art on a building...



Here's a picture of Lucas and Emily on their last vacation in Vancouver...


Yesterday was mine and Toby's 19th wedding anniversary, although I like to say it's our 20th because we lived in sin for a year before we actually tied the knot. We decided to go on a hike since that's something we both love to do, so we hiked to Crocket Falls. The last time we hiked to Crocket Falls was 10 years ago and we had a dog and kid in tow. It also the trail I tripped over a rock and cracked the bone in my knee cap. It's a really rocky hike..

There were some beautiful views of Lake Georgetown....






The old geezers even stopped for a celebratory anniversary selfie...


The water level was really high on the lake, so when we got close to the falls we had to take our shoes off and cross a small creek. A lady had spotted a snake there, and it had hid underneath the rocks in the creek, but from her description it sounded like it was just a water snake so I wasn't really worried about it. Toby and I debated whether we were going to cross, then decided to chance it because neither one of us wanted to turn back when we were that close to the falls.

After we crossed the creek, the falls weren't far at all. Unfortunately, because the lake level was so high, the actual falls were under water. There was another small fall nearby that was nice though....




After our hike we rewarded ourselves with another one of our favorites activities, drinking....


Here's a map of our hike, it was an out and back hike...


Here are a few other photos from December....



Me and Bo looking really old. He's older than I am in dog years and he has more gray hair than me...


This little bird kept trying to fly into our window. I think he was just learning to fly...



One morning the moon was so beautiful. It was weird to see it so bright in the morning....


One of my goals this year is to do a bit more hiking in areas we haven't been before, hopefully I can reach those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment