Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Happy Yakky Birthday

 In the past, whenever I would see someone on a kayak I would think to myself, 'That looks like so much fun' But my fear of the water kept me from ever entertaining the thought of getting on one. But when Karen came for her visit and insisted I would love it, I gave it a try. I was glad I did because I found that I do really enjoy it. It took a couple of kayaks before I found one that I felt sturdy enough in to venture out far from the shore in.

So, this year we celebrated Toby's 47th birthday by taking the yaks out to Barton Springs. It was AMAZING once you got into Barton Springs canal. The water was crystal clear so you could see all the turtles and fish up close and personal. I felt like I was in another world. 





Here's the spot where there aquatic animal underworld is....





Parked for a dip in the springs...




It started to rain on us, but it wasn't lightening and we were already wet so we didn't care..


It was a great day for a birthday out on the water.

1 comment:

  1. That fifth photo is outstanding! Wow that looks so much fun, I always think the same thing when I see people out on the water. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete