Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Babies Everywhere

Toby being the social party kind of guy he is figured since he has put all this work into creating his pool escape that it was about time to invite a few of his co-workers over for a swim.

Luckily, I have previously met and approved (like) of all his co-workers and their families...not that it would make a difference. I would still be the good hostess and tolerate as much as I could for his sake, I just enjoy it alot more when I like the company myself.

The weather cooperated and it was a perfect day for a "pool party". We had beer, sun, kids, hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and great company.

I usually don't like to do social things at home because I feel inadequate with my abilities to entertain. Lately, I have realized that it doesn't take much to entertain folks...good thing for me. :-)

We had the kind of get-together that when they walk away you think what a great time, I hope they will return again soon.

I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked. I have been really slacking on my photo taking. I think because I sometimes find that I miss out on alot of things when I am busy trying to take pics.

Anyway, here are a few of Atomic Tattoo's fantastic artists and their families...




Okay nobody drop their jaws. These are rare photos you don't see very often!!

One of our guests are new parents. Since I was inside preparing some snacks I offered to keep an eye on her sleeping infant while she took a break and took a dip in the pool. I don't mind babes as long as they are being good or sleeping.

Summer and I were the only ones inside at the time. I was chopping lettuce and tomatoes when I heard that baby stirring and fussing. I started to talk soothingly to her from the kitchen until I could stop what I was doing to go console her.

I noticed as I was finishing up that she had hushed. I walked into the living area to check on her and this is what I saw...it brought tears to my eyes.



My "baby" had picked the baby up on her own accord and consoled her. Wow...you live what you learn. I guess if you are given love you learn how to give it freely. Or maybe it was just female maternal instinct??

Even more jaw dropping....




Here's baby and her daddy..Pick her up dad she's crying!!



Speaking of babes we also have some animal additions to the family. We started off with 7 and as of this moment are down to only 3.

Here's Mama....



And babies....




I think I'm gonna just start a rabbit zoo in my backyard.

Hopefully soon I will have some more interesting updates. My son may be visiting 4th of July weekend and my brother and his family are visiting in mid July. I am excited about seeing them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is the first time I have EVER seen a newborn baby rabbit! I can't decide if it's ugly or cute!!! Definitely will be cute with fur, though!

    ReplyDelete