Friday, June 25, 2010

Contemplative Questions

I love questions that make you think, remember, or wonder about yourself or someone else. Since I was in the mood to blog and couldn't think of anything to "talk about" I decided to post some questions of my own and answer them...for my own entertainment if for nothing else. As you read along I'm sure that you will be able to mentally fill your own answers in.

By the way, I found these questions off a random website I didn't make them up.

Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far.

There are a couple, but the one that popped into my mind when I read the question was when I lost my then three year old son in a water park. As I ran around frantically searching for him all I could envision was him tumbling up underneath the large wave pool nearby. At that moment in my life I knew what real terror was.

If you wanted to look very sexy, how would you dress?

Hmmmm....I have always been a fan of blue jeans and tank tops. That's about as "sexy" as this mama gets. In my experience the only reason a woman would want to look "sexy" is to impress a man. In my experience men don't need much to get turned on so ladies don't bother wasting your time. :-)

What famous person do other people tell you that you most resemble?

Well I have been told I resemble Cher and Lois Lane (Superman's girlfriend) and Alf. None of them made me feel proud...especially Alf. :-)

What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?

My brother claims I used to eat rolly polly's when I was little...I think he is lying though.

Do you believe honesty is the best policy?

In some instances yes. I do believe if you are telling the truth just to relieve your own guilt you are making a mistake. Some secrets are best left in the closet.

Would you rather go a week without bathing, but be able to change your clothes, or a week without a change of clothes, but be able to bathe?

Probably a week without a change of clothes. My clothes don't really get dirty but I like my body to feel clean.

Which of the four seasons do you most anticipate?

I would have to say fall/autumn. There is something about the smell in the fall air that makes me feel cozy.

You can choose your method of dying and the place in which you will die. Where would you like to die and how?

I want to die of a heart attack while asleep in my bed at night. Quick and to the point would be nice.

You can choose your last meal. What will the menu consist of?

I'd be too nervous to eat if I knew it would be my last meal. I would pass on the food but would rather have a huge, strong alcoholic beverage.

If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

The Waltons. I love the idea of a big, close family helping raise all the kids.

You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

I don't think so. Once I accepted the child as mine and grew to love it I don't think I could "trade out". I get attached to easily.

Would you be willing to become extremely ugly physically if it meant you would live for 1,000 years at any physical age you chose?

Not no, but hell no!! I don't even want to live that long even if I were beautiful!

Would you be willing to eat a bowl of live crickets for $40,000?

No! I wouldn't even do it for a million...seriously.

Would you be willing to give up sex for five years if you could have wonderfully sensual and erotic dreams whenever you wished?

Probably not...I like the real thing

If you could have anyone locked in a room so that you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose, and how would you torment them?

When I was younger I used to have the urge to torture whiny little kids....like locking them in dark closets and not letting them out. That fantasy disappeared when I had whiny kids of my own..mostly anyway. ;-)

Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?

For the most part yes. Life eventually brings about unhappiness the older we get anyway so it's not like they won't ever experience it. I say keep 'em happy as long as we can...unhappiness is eventually inevitable.

The children living next door are being horribly abused by their parents. The only way to stop the abuse is to adopt the children and care for them in your home. Would you?

Honestly, NO, plain and simple.

What rights should the father have if his unmarried girlfriend wants an abortion?

I say little to none. The girlfriend is the one whos life and body will change. She also will have the brunt of responsibility to care for the child. He just gets to sit back and enjoy her ride...unless he is a very involved partner which is very rare.

Would you enjoy spending a month of solitude in a beautiful natural setting? Food and shelter would be provided but you would not see another person.

I try to do that as much as possible now. I enjoy time to myself..which of course is rare to none.

Would you generally be overdressed or underdressed at a party?

Probably more underdressed.

If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else currently living, would you do so? Whom would you pick?

Probably my husband. I would love know what he really thinks and feels about life and about me.

Have you ever been sexually attracted to a family member or a person of an inappropriate age? How did you deal with it?

Never a family member. How young is considered an inappropriate age. :-)

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it?

Yes, but only recently.

Would you like to have a child much more intelligent and attractive than yourself?

Well of course!! I would think that's every parents dream.

If you could have one superpower, which would you choose?

Reading people's minds.

What was the most recent movie that made you cry?

The Hannah Montana Movie.

If you could be any age again for one week, what age would you be?

Probably somewhere in my mid 30's. Old enough to have gained some knowledge about life but yet young enough to not have reached the "middle age spread" age yet.

What is it you like best about your mate’s personality. What do you like the least?

What I like best is his loyalty, sincerity and humor. What I like least is his annoying bathroom habits..I won't elaborate.

If you could plan a trip anywhere in the world for yourself and your mate, where would you like to go?

Alone with my mate???? My mate and I have not been alone together in 9 years so ANYWHERE would be nice.

What outfit or article of clothing do you like to see your spouse wearing the most?

I love it when he wears his hat backwards on his head...so cute.

What things would you like to know better about your partner?

Some things I probably would rather not know...

Have you told your partner about all of your past relationships?

Yes, I'm sure he can recite them forward and backward.


Well, that's the end of the stupid questions.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should print a copy of this and show it to Summer when she's about 25 or so.

    ReplyDelete