Thursday, May 9, 2013

Candy on Congress

One of my favorite ways to spend a day is being a tourist in my own city. I love unique and funky things so the flavor of the day was Austin's South Congress Avenue.


Austin accommodates pets

Cute Meter
Big Top Candy Store.....




Sights along the way....

Hmmmm......




This lovely costumed zebra is listed in Roadside America's online guide for unique attractions and oddities...


Inside the costume store....





More sights....


As gaudy as it is I LOVE this owl necklace
And last but not least, Ole Willie sitting on the corner of Lavaca and W. 2nd Street....


I'm getting pretty excited about our first beach trip of the year. We had SUCH a good time last trip I'm hopeful this one will be just as much fun.....



1 comment:

  1. This looks SOOOO fun. I MUST visit Austin one of these days!!!!

    ReplyDelete