Wednesday, May 8, 2013

City of the Dead

This morning Robin and I took a little field trip to a nearby cemetery. Robin embraces everything about history. Me? Not so much in the way that I care about who did what but more in a way of how people
lived.

For example: It doesn't really interest me that George Washington was the first president of the U.S. or that he was born in Virginia (useless facts) but it is interesting that he had wooden teeth and chopped down a cherry tree....yes, I am aware that our first president most likely did not have "wooden" teeth nor actually chop down a cherry tree...you get the idea though.

At the New Sweden Cemetery we spent time walking around reading the headstones....





New Sweden Lutheran Church.....


After our "tour" Robin treated me to iced tea, chocolate cake and friendly conversation at a local cafe. It was a nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment