Saturday, February 15, 2014

Soaring Like A Bird in the Wind

We had another cold weather week and I was at a loss for any creative indoor activities to entertain us on our "weekend". I'm sure if I had tried hard enough I could have scrounged up something but quite honestly I was pretty un-motivated to even leave the sofa...


Toby has been covering up an old tattoo on my back so we have been spending some spare hours at the shop working on it. I have always considered myself a champ when it comes to enduring the pain of a tattoo but this particular one has been very painful. I do look forward to having the unsightly one covered up so I've been trudging on with the process until it's finished.  I have only one more planned to cover on my upper hip and I'm done with being tattooed. I'm not into body art enough to endure the process and pain. My goal is to re-paint my past mistakes and be done with it.

Skye has an app that gives her project ideas. She comes up with some pretty interesting ones....


For the past several weeks Toby and I have been making it a point to take our morning walks/run at East Metro Park at least once a week. The park is one of my favorite amenities in my area. It's not a populated park and we usually have it all to ourselves. It's the only place I can let Bo run freely off leash and this makes him love the park as much as we do.

Aside from having a few miles of trail that wind through a densely shaded disc golf course, I also love the concrete walking path where I can run freely without having to run around cars, shrubbery or being chased by yapping Chihuahua's or any other out of control animals.

I've also been doing A LOT of crocheting....

Finished afghan
Here's a tote bag that was pretty fun to make. I worked it up in one evening while watching My Cat From Hell  I want to add some crochet applique to this one to add a little personality but I haven't quite figured out what yet....


Today Skye and I decided to go shopping. We had a fun day eating unhealthy fast food and poking fun at all the men who looked to be at a loss in picking out last minute Valentine gifts for their special ladies..or men. Skye's fun to shop with. She knows how to put outfits together and likes to select styles for me also. Never thought I'd see the day.

And of course, Bo and beautiful sunsets....






No comments:

Post a Comment