Friday, October 10, 2014

Dallas: Round Two

After our last trip to Dallas, we were looking forward to giving Dallas the second chance it deserved.

After we checked into our hotel we headed downtown for a self-guided tour of the city.

Our first stop was Reunion Tower.


In my personal opinion it was was a bit pricey, but if I had to do it over it was an interesting enough attraction that I would pay the admittance again. The view from atop was absolutely beautiful...




After the tower tour, we headed down the streets of Dallas in search of a bite to eat.

Rested and full we took in a little shopping in the market area of downtown. I'm not sure what significance this establishment had, but apparently it was popular. Everyone was taking pictures of the outside of it so we did the same....


Here are some more pictures from our walk around downtown Dallas....





I estimate we walked a few miles that day.

In the room that evening while we lounged, Bo fixated on me for awhile. Usually when he stares at me it means he wants something and I can pretty much guess what it is. I never did figure out what he wanted and he eventually gave up. Maybe he wanted to go home to his familiar surroundings???



The next day we did the State Fair of Texas. More walking and TONS of it, but we had a blast....

The State Fair Ferris Wheel is the Largest in the U.S.





BIG TEX is the main icon of the State Fair of Texas

Funnel Cake
The State Fair of Texas is HUGE. It took us a whole day and a lot of walking miles just to look at the exhibits and attractions. I guess a ride on the Ferris Wheel will have to wait until next year.

Dallas did not disappoint us this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment