Sunday, October 5, 2014

Many Mandalas

Lately I've been a little obsessed with crocheting. It consumes my thoughts. I wake up thinking about what project I'll work on for the day. I hurriedly and haphazardly finish up my daily obligations so I can sit with my crochet needle and yarn in hand whipping up creation after creation.

I haven't quite pin-pointed why I enjoy it so. Maybe because it keeps my mind busy. Maybe it makes me feel productive. Maybe because it's relaxing and creative. Whatever reason it may be, I'm glad my Aunt Sara took the patience and time out to teach me how to crochet in her little house in Eight Mile those many, many years ago.

My latest projects have been Mandalas. I guess you could say they really don't serve a practical purpose but creating these circular patterns with their many colors is mesmerizing for me.

I've thought about affixing them to canvases. Then I thought maybe they could be hung on the wall solo. Not sure yet how I will display them....



With the colder months quickly approaching, I also whipped up a couple of beanies with some scrap yarn I found at the Blue Hanger a few months ago....



I really love the color of the yarn in the one above. Unfortunately I ran out of yarn. I will have to improvise by trying to find some that will blend well enough to finish out the last couple of rows.

In two days we are off to Dallas for a couple of days. We will be visiting the Texas State Fair while we are there. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment