Saturday, July 11, 2015

Unplugged

Recently, I've minimally disconnected myself from social interactions. Although, I still peruse "Fake" book a couple of times a day,  I stay focused on our business page, my crochet and recipe pages, other neutral pages, and avoid news feeds and "friends" pages like the plague.

I feel more relaxed when I'm not having to involuntarily witness rants about what "god" says about sexual preferences, politics, racism or the confederate flag. I have my own personal opinions on these topics, but I hardly feel voicing them on social media is neither solving the problems we create in our mind and in fact, believe that it only creates social drama. I hate drama. That said, not everyone can be pleased and it's usually the ones with the loudest bark (and the most influence, and money) who win the game. Since I don't have either of those two things, I remain mostly apathetic to social issues and focus on where it counts the most...my own family.

All that said, I'm very introspective and like to get caught up in my own little world of thoughts so disconnecting is a good excuse to hang out with myself  crocheting, reading or taking pictures.

When I crochet I get fixated on particular projects. Lately, it's been kitchen hot pads. I suppose it's because they are easy to work up and I get to play around with color. I LOVE creating color combos...







This is where professional photography would come in handy. I can guarantee you these hot pads are much prettier in person than they are displayed here.

Other random shots from the past couple of weeks...













No comments:

Post a Comment