Sunday, June 28, 2015

That Peaceful Feeling

By nature, I am a nature girl. I have always loved the outdoors and still do. I spend a lot of time meandering around my yard checking out my tree blossoms, pulling the weeds the sneak up, hanging out in my pool, watching the birds fly from tree to tree singing their song, watching sunsets and at night, star gazing.

Each morning as I make my morning pep (coffee), I fling open all my window blinds as to not miss out anything nature has to offer and allow the sun to shine in. While my coffee brews, I walk outside to check out what the day has to offer, whether it's a sunny or cloudy morning, humid or cool, gaze into the greenbelt for feeding deer or rabbits, and check my tomatoes and jalapenos.

Usually, I don't spend too much time out there and head back in to my coffee and computer time. This morning I just couldn't drag myself back inside...even for coffee.

I spent a good 30 minutes walking around my yard, listening to the birds sing, and enjoying the stillness the early morning brings. This practice gave me a sense of calm and peace for the rest of the day. I should include it as part of my routine every morning for sanity measures.

My Turks Cap blooming so pretty....


A blooming rose....


A spider waiting for his prey....


My Crape Myrtle blossom....


A surprise abandoned nest on a low branch in my Crape Myrtle...


More blooms....


On a different note, I got a little gift the other day. My dear husband bought me a replacement wedding ring for my original one. Yes, I know it's a little non traditional, but I'm not very conventional or traditional myself so, of course, I LOVE IT!!

I got Skye to model it for me because her hands are much prettier than my old, tattered ones....


I guess it's safe to assume he plans on keeping me around a while longer.


1 comment:

  1. So happy that you found my blog so that I could find you. Lovely photos! I will be reading more. :-)

    ReplyDelete