Monday, November 2, 2015

Daddy Daughter Bike Ride

My teen is no ordinary teen. While most girls her age want to go to the movies, hang out at the mall shopping with friends, or some other girly type thing, my daughter wants to drive go carts, motorcycles or any other motorized vehicles, play and watch vehicle related video games and Youtubes, and has been known many times to take things apart just to see what makes them work.

A few weeks ago she found out that one of the Youtubers out of Austin she watches was organizing a local Motorcycle (Bike) Meetup.

She convinced Toby to take her on his bike and talked about how excited she was about it for weeks as I cringed every time at the mention of it. Being on the back of a motorcycle with Toby is not what concerned me, it was riding a hundred miles alongside notoriously horrible Austin drivers on the back of said motorcycle. I trust Toby, it's the other drivers I don't trust.

I thought more than a few times to put my foot down and say no, but the unselfish part of me decided that I wouldn't let MY FEAR stop her from missing out on opportunity and experience. Live and let live is my motto and that includes my family.

I'm so glad I pushed my fears aside and let her go. Toby and her both had a good time and it was definitely some serious daddy and daughter bonding time.

Here is a picture of her and one of the Youtubers. She walked right up to him and introduced herself, chatted with him a bit and asked if she could have her picture taken with him.


Toby and Skye before they left out....


I know they had a good time but I was relieved to get them both back safe and sound.


Tonight's sunset. It was a beauty.....


Here is one from the other day...


This is one I took the other morning. This is the tail end of a storm moving out...


No comments:

Post a Comment