Thursday, November 19, 2015

Relieving Stress

Quite honestly, most of the year 2015 has not been a pleasant experience for Toby and I, especially for Toby who has to bear the brunt of the challenges we have been facing. The fact is there is an ebb and a flow to life. The key is acceptance and hope for a better tomorrow.

“Your joy is divine and so is your suffering. There’s so much to be learned from both.” ~ Wayne Dyer

Trying to be supportive and positive, I usually point out how things could be much worse. My philosophical husband always responds with a heart felt, "They could be better too". The glass half full or half empty dilemma, I suppose.

I'm usually the one to plan our weekly activities, but today Toby requested we head to Lady Bird Lake for a walk. We both enjoy the amenities of the city, and no matter what state of mind we are in, downtown Austin has always been our happy place.

He apparently had a lot of stress to walk off.  Short of running, I could barely keep up with him on our 5 mile walk. I don't know how a man with such short legs can walk so fast. The conversation was flowing too, which made it a much needed walk and talk.

Along the way, I took pictures. Austin is such a photogenic city. I feel like I can never get enough pictures of downtown.















For lunch we stopped by downtown's Baby A's for some lunch and a much needed Purple "Rita. Behind us an older woman was crying because her husband had cancer and was in chemotherapy. As I said,  our problems could be worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment