Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Look What's New

This week Toby and I headed downtown to the Whole Foods so I could grab some more fresh turmeric. Whole Foods is the only place in Austin I've been able to find it fresh.

I figured it would also give us a nice city walk, and I wanted to check out the new Austin Central Library. Being an avid reader, I always enjoyed libraries. As a kid, reading books and going to the library was one of my favorite activities.

Mobile always had very nice libraries so I was a wee bit disappointed when we moved to Austin and their libraries were a bit substandard, in my opinion. Call me a library snob, I suppose.

That, toppled with the fact that my daughter and husband do not share the same affection for the library, it's been awhile since I've blessed a library with my presence.

Austin outdid itself with the new Central Library. I was beyond impressed. The amenities were astounding and too many to mention in this post without boring a non-library type. Even Toby was impressed and said it was a place he could see himself sitting and reading a book at the window...




There is a lot of construction going on around the library. Expensive condos, I'm sure...




There was even a few outdoor sitting areas....




Toby said these chairs look like lips...




 There was also some sort of little art trail that we decided to save until our next trip downtown...


Also, some kind of interactive book trail, that I plan on looking into later...




I love this picture of the little old man and lady sitting on the bench. You don't see many old folks in this fast paced, young people city so it was refreshing to see. This is probably going to be me and Toby one day....


If you're a fan of the library, you certainly don't want to miss a trip to this beauty.

On a different note, it's been like spring around here for the Monarchs, moths, butterflies, bees and bumble bees...



 




Also, pretty blooms and sunsets....








No comments:

Post a Comment