Thursday, December 21, 2017

Oh, Just This And That

The past couple of weeks have been spent doing things that we need to do, not want to do. Errands, Christmas shopping, things of that nature.

Since yesterday was one of those southern style winter days, Toby and I took advantage with a walk around downtown...

 

The city has changed so much since our move here ten years ago. There's been at least one new building a year. It's always under construction. I have so many pictures of the city throughout the years, that I said I could probably donate them to the Austin History Archives one day...



We went in the Capitol to walk around. I remember the days when you could just walk freely in and out of the Capitol. Now you have to go through security measures and the guards are even carrying assault rifles. Guess they know something we don't, or it's just America's way of....well, I'll refrain from giving my unpopular opinions on politics...


They had a Christmas choir singing carols...


It was such a beautiful day to be outdoors. We took a selfie to mark our ten year anniversary of being Texas residents...


I also made a little video of the train crossing the track over the lake....



The cat has as many interesting poses as the dog does, and she's actually less of a pain in the ass than the dog is, but not near as interactive or smart.






 

Well, until next time and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment