Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas 2017

We had a wonderful Christmas, nice and relaxing just the way I like it.

After many years of saying I wanted one of those pencil trees, I finally broke down and bought me one this year. My home is on the smaller side, and finding a spot for even an average sized tree was always challenging. Plus, I love the idea of having my tree glisten through the window.

Kitty Cat enjoyed lying under the tree...


After Santa put out the gifts on Christmas Eve...


I surprised Skye with a gingerbread house to make on Christmas Eve. She did a wonderful job decorating it...


The day after Christmas we went to Six Flags for the Holiday in the Park. We picked up Skye's girlfriend, Leanna along the way. The park was not very crowded so it was a pleasant time.

Toby and I hung out together while the girls roamed the park doing their thing. I'm not an adrenaline junkie, so I stick to the sissy stuff like the Ferris wheel and the train. Toby is sweet and doesn't complain, even though I know he would rather be riding the big rides. At this point in our life, we are just glad to be hanging out together...








We met up with the girls a little later, and switched out riding partners. Leanna likes the crazy rides too, and even though Skye will ride them with her, she prefers the more docile rides.

So, while Toby and Leanna were riding a large roller coaster,  Skye talked me into getting on a larger ride. She claimed it wasn't bad and that I would like it even though I was skeptical, and very suspicious of it. I'm always lecturing her to take challenges and do things that scare her, so I had to take the opportunity to practice what I preach while I silently scolded myself for giving her that bit of motherly advice.

This is the ride she took me on...


All I can say is NEVER. AGAIN.

Skye allowed me to take some pictures of her and Leanna....


 They had some fake snow blowing about, which gave it a real holiday feel...


Here are some other photos of our day in the park...









Our Christmas 2017 was a good Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment