Sunday, January 14, 2018

Hippity Hop

I don't know why I called the name of this post, Hippity Hop. It was just the first thing that came to my mind, so I just went with it.

Not too much has gone on the first half of the new year. Toby and I did celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. I always like to mentally note that it's really one more year than what we tell everyone because we "lived in sin" for a year before we actually wed, so in my mind we've been married 19 years.


As with most special occasions, we didn't make a big deal out of our anniversary. We ended up meeting up with a couple we've been socializing with on occasion at THE OWL in Elgin.

We had a good time. We had just missed the filming of a super bowl commercial with the Clydesdale horses. The bartender showed us a video of it. I didn't really care about the filming, but I would have loved to look at the horses. One of the bar guests, said they were still around, just up the street. If I had been by myself, I would have gone in search of them, but I really didn't want to embarrass Toby buy dragging our dinner companions to look for horses.

I will be watching the Superbowl this year, just so I can see downtown Elgin in a commercial.

Later on in the week, we had a date to meet up with some friends at the Domain. I was really looking forward to our get together because I had not seen them in a long while. Unfortunately, they had been battling winter colds and ended up not making it.

Jordan was the only one that ended up making it, so it was nice to get to see and talk to her. Here are some pics of us at the Domain....


Testing out the Tesla....


The weather has been really cold this year, so we haven't been doing too much venturing outdoors other than our morning walks. Toby and I did go downtown to walk one day last week. We like to walk downtown because it's the most convenient area for us, and we get a variety of walks....lake loop, greenbelt, urban walk, etc. Just whatever we get in the mood for, we can find it downtown.

 


 
 If I had my rathers, I'd rather hibernate during the winter, but that's not they way it works for humans.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We just passed the 43 year mark. No big celebration. we were both recovering from our dismal trip to see the kids. My girls were intent on blaming me for every bad thing in their lives ..... I am hibernating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry your trip didn't go well. Parenting is a thankless job, for sure.

      Delete