Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ending 2017 and Beginning 2018

We ended our year 2017 uneventfully. Toby had to work and it was too cold for me to do much moving around. Skye alerted me it was "snowing" (or what we southerner's call snow) at one point, so I managed to uncoil myself out from underneath a blanket to go outside and witness the neighborhood fireworks show behind the haze of snowfall. If I had not been so cold, I may could have enjoyed it a bit more..


Despite the freezing weather, Toby and I didn't let that stop us from doing our usual weekly outdoor activity. We drove to Richard Moya Park for a short hike and some sightseeing of the Moore's Crossing Bridge.

It was so peaceful. We were the only ones at the park and the park is situated right next to ABIA, so I got to watch the planes come in and land...


I consider the bridge very photogenic. One of my favorite things to take photos of is structures...







After we played on bridge for awhile we took the short hike around the park....





As we walked along the trail Toby and I noticed a HUGE wide hill that ran alongside the park. We discussed what we thought it could be, and later discovered it was Pilot Knob an old extinct volcano. I wish I had taken pictures of it now, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those things you have to see in person to appreciate it.

After our hike we decided to go check out Barton Springs. Not too many people swimming, but there were a few that were braving it....



Toby testing out the water temp...







It was the first time I had ever seen "Barking Springs" without a soul in it...


 


Toby and I sat out at the springs for awhile and enjoyed the afternoon. It was nice to get outdoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment