Saturday, January 27, 2018

Overlook

Last Monday, Skye got an urge to get outdoors in nature, and asked me if I would go with her to the Zilker Nature Preserve.

Last time we were here was a few years ago in November, 2014.

I'm pretty sure if I were to compare the skyline pics from then to now, you could see the difference in the growth of the city...





Skye also found the old geocache they had found from back in 2014. I was surprised it was still there and intact. There was a different log though. Someone had even left a couple of dollars in it it too....which we didn't take because we didn't have anything to replace it with...




After our hike to the top of the lookout, we headed to Whole Foods to grab some items and eat lunch. It was a nice day to be outdoors.

There was also a beautiful sunset to end the day..






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great outing for mother and daughter. Enjoy those moments, she will be on her own too soon!

    ReplyDelete