Monday, October 15, 2007

Sunday

Well, things are starting to get a little more interesting around here. We had somebody look at the house this past weekend. It was a man, by himself. The realtor showed him around and they had a few questions...the usual questions prospective buyers ask. As they were about to leave, I asked the realtor if she had showed him the "man cave". When we first bought our house, there was a partially enclosed garage that we enclosed and made into an extra room. It's on the side of the house, and although it is attached to the house the only way to get to it is on the outside. Anyway, because it's a little out of sight, I believe the realtors always "forget" to show this little extra addition. When I am here when the house is being shown, I always point out the "man cave" and the men's eyes light up. To me, that's what's going to sell my house. It's a perfect extra room for anyone to do anything they want with. Anyway, back to the story.

The next day after the house was shown to this one man, he showed up at my door with his "girlfriend" to show her the house.....mainly, the man cave. Although they both seemed very interested in the house, it's funny to me, neither one of them even wanted to look at the backyard. The "girlfriend" did seem very pleased that there was a over-the-range microwave oven. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I also have joined an "inclusive" homeschool group in Austin. I have been mainly lurking for right now. There are four or five support groups in Austin and the homeschool community there is very large and active.....one of our main reasons for choosing the city. I get very excited when I see all the posts about the activities that are going on....I can't wait to get back in the swing of things. Although our group here is pretty active, I don't get to really know about much that's going on anymore because I didn't pay the membership. I debated about this and figured that I would be to busy before our relocation to do much anyway. The group has changed so much since I first joined a couple of years ago that I sometimes feel a little out of place now.....being the "pagan" that I am and all. :-) I have a couple of good friends that I get together with occasionally anyway, so Summer and I do get some social time in.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment