Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trick or Treat!

We had our annual homeschool trunk or treat today and as usual we came home with alot more candy than what we needed. There are so many new members in the group so we didn't know most of the people there. We just ended up being party snobs and stuck with what's left of our "original group". There were games, pumpkin painting, and face painting this year. It turned out to be a beautiful day and I took only a few pics.



I also was doing a little bit of baby sitting this weekend.........Charlie's dog. Charlie had to go out of town for a couple of days and work so he asked if we could keep Trip at our house while he was gone. I wasn't really a fan of the idea because Trip is an inside dog and he is VERY attached to Charlie so he whines the whole time he is gone, plus the fact that he is big and hairy, which I hate even more. But since Charlie is family and he helps us out anytime we need it, I obliged.

Since we have decided to move I have had this big dilema with what to leave behind and what to take. I have never been a collector of stuff and if it wasn't for some of the "stuff" that I inherited from my mom, I wouldn't even be concerned.

When mom died my dad gave me a dining room suite with china cabinet and china that they had bought together when they were first married. He told me I could sell it if I wanted to and I did end up selling the dining table because of the lack of room we have in our house. I ended up keeping the china cabinet because it didn't take up much space and it also has drawers that I keep stuff stored in.

Anyway, after months of thought, I decided to try and sell it. I have never used the china out of it, and I'm not really a china kind of person. I kept imagining a disaster when we tried to move it 500 miles away. It is very heavy and has alot of glass and I don't want to drag anything but bare necessities.

I decided that I wanted somebody who could really enjoy it's beauty to have it so I advertised on craigslist. I had NO IDEA what kind of a price tag to put on it so I went with my gut instinct.....hopefully I'm not underpricing it. On the first day it was posted I got a response, so obviously I set it at a fair price...we'll see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment