Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dino Land

I have been waiting on this one for 5 months. I saw it advertised a few months ago when we were visiting the gardens. If you remember, the gardens are one of my favorite free attractions in Austin.

The story is, billions of years ago this particular part in the Botanical Gardens was a sea shorline. There have been tracks/bones, sealife, etc. escavated from the area and are some actual real dinosaur tracks in the garden.

There is a dinosaur exhibit going on for the next couple of weeks. All of the dinosaurs on display I had never heard of. They were so realistic looking that at first Summer was a little reluctant to enter. The dinosaurs were displayed in different realistic settings.

Unfortunately, we had minor air conditioner issues so I had to be back at the house by 1:00 for the A/C repairman. You know how it goes......they'll be there somewhere between 1:00-5:00 p.m. so you sit at home between those hours not knowing exactly when they will show up. By the way, we are still under warranty so there is no skin off my paycheck. With the heat around here for the past few months I am surprised the a/c has not shriveled up and totally died.

Because of having to be back at the house by 1:00 we really didn't get to browse the dino exhibit as much as I would have liked, but here are some pics of our day:




No comments:

Post a Comment