Friday, August 6, 2010

A New "Bike"

Since I'm not a motorcycle person in the least this term "bike" has always confused me. In my mind a "bike" has two peddles and requires no oil changes.

Nevertheless, I have learned to question the word "bike" in conversations and not assume the "bike" is the kind of "bike" in my mind.

Our goal for the day only was to shop around. In the end we spent almost 5 hours in a motorcycle shop. Luckily the pay off for Toby was coming home with a brand new Shadow Aero..I think that is what it's called.

As I said before, I'm as far away from being a motorcycle girl as I am from being a tattoo girl. I often wonder exactly what it is that attracts my husband to me....

Anyway, against my warnings of driving a motorcycle in crazy driver Austin, Texas my dear husband made his purchase anyway. Take a gander.....

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I bet you two will have lots of fun riding around on that bike.
    I love being on a motorbike, nothing like it, the freedom, the wind in your face, being apart of all that you pass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new toy Toby...I can tell how happy you are even through your garb. Stay safe in that crazy traffic ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote Gemel: "...the wind in your face..." but she forgot to mention bugs on your teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Toby! We are now (as of Monday) a bike-free family again. Sold the Harley. Motorcycles are fun, unless you are in a position to HAVE to drive it...rain, snow, cold, whatever.

    Will enjoy seeing your transition to biker chic!

    ReplyDelete