Saturday, February 19, 2011

Farm Fun

I'm not going to sugar coat it. Homeschooling can sometimes be relentless and tiring but it's days like today that make it worth every moment. Like most days, today was no typical "school" day for us.

My friend Robin has what I would call a small farm. She has a beautiful welcoming home, a garden, a horse, some chickens, a dog, a couple of cats, and a small herd of goats.

Luckily Robin loves kids..and I think she might even like me and Toby a little bit...lol. Robin is also a giver. She gives of herself, her time, her money,...whatever she has to offer she puts it out there willingly and enthusiastically. She's one of those people that make the world go 'round.

Summer loves Robin as much as I do so when she invited us over to see her newborn baby goats and to plant some veggies there was no hesitation on either one of our parts.

Me and Sum both got to feed baby goats..they are ADORABLE.....




We got to scrounge around in the dirt and plant veggies which was my personal favorite part of the day..



We also got to see a horse being shoed...I guess that's the correct term, not really sure. Another great advantage to homeschooling is that I get to learn a lot of stuff I never knew or may have forgotten. The process of changing out a shoe on a horse was something I had never witnessed before so I was pretty intrigued by the process....



And somewhere in between it all there was playtime....



A thumb's up day indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at "fried Robin"...and the correct term is "shod" -- I learned a lot working my grandmother's farm in east Texas when I was in mid-teen years. Those baby goats ARE cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! Guess my spell check didn't pick that one up because it's a word...lol. Guess I better change it so nobody will think she's a stoner. :-)

    ReplyDelete