Thursday, May 31, 2012

Water Wednesday

A couple of weeks ago when Toby and I hiked Barton Creek we enjoyed it so much that we vowed to go back soon. This time I encouraged Summer to tag along with us.

It hasn't rained in a couple of weeks so the water flow was down a little from last time, but we still had fun hunting tadpoles and fish, swimming, skimming rocks, exploring, and just plain hanging out and enjoying the hot day on a cool creek.

At one point during the day Toby asked me if I would rather be at the beach or on the creek. I didn't have to think long about that one.  I was much more comfortable laying on my carefully chosen  flat rock feeling the cool, clear water rush over my body listening to  the birds in the trees and the sound of  the water swish over the rocks. It's where I am most comfortable....I silently wondered if the ocean lover in him was a little disappointed in my answer....

A male Grackle enjoying an afternoon bath and drink.

Me...happy
                                       




Refreshing for the soul...and the feet!



Skipping rocks



A wonderful Wednesday indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment