Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Block Party - July 4th

I just recently realized that I was about to forget to post about one of the best times I have had in a while...our 4th of July neighborhood block party.

I am more than grateful that I have good neighbors. When you buy a home you always have a 50/50 chance where neighbors are concerned.  Anyway, we are all mostly recluse and to ourselves except on those occasions when the weather is pleasant enough to hang out outside or a holiday, birthday, or other special occasion party is in order.

This year my immediate neighbor and his roommate organized a block party for the 4th.  I was really looking forward to it because Toby would be in transition from "employed" to business owner and would be able to attend. In the past he has always been at work during our impromptu neighborhood gatherings.

I had a really good time. I met a few new people and everyone was on good behavior and having a good time.

Hosts, Derick and Leena


Dancing the Wobble




Leena hosing off the hot kids


Food! Lots of it!! Yum



Toby guarding the Margarita machine

Ice Cream

More Dancing

Fireworks



Best Independence Day celebration I've had in awhile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment