Friday, July 12, 2013

Spinning

I have procrastinated on writing this post because I have not had much uninterrupted free time to sit down and dedicate to posting on my online memory bank. With opening the new shop and all that time/work it has entailed, blogging has not been at the top of the priority list.

So I guess I will summarize as best I can and try not to end up rambling or repeating events that I have already posted about.

My brother and his family visited in early July. It was a short but sweet visit. My niece Megan will be graduating next year so they were wanting to do a bit of early college shopping.

We explored the University of Texas but first we checked out the LBJ Library Museum on campus. Yes, I secretly want UT to be the college of choice!! Nothing would make me happier than having my niece close by..

Interesting enough Toby, Skye and I had visited the LBJ Library a few years ago and I really enjoyed it. This time it claimed to be "improved". Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like the "improvement". I remembered the museum being much more interesting before the "improvement" part...

It didn't really matter anyway, it was the company I was with that made it the most fun....






After the museum we headed on over to the admissions office at UT. There were some friendly creatures awaiting a snack along the way.....




Heading up towards the UT Tower...


I believe the UT inspection was a success. My fingers are crossed.....

Next, here are some updated photos of Gridlock Tattoo....

Waiting Area

Tattoo Station Room

Open area for growth


I'm pretty proud of what we have done. It's not perfect yet and we have tons more work to do but thanks to the many people we have supporting and helping us out we are watching it unfold quite nicely.

More random pics from the past couple of weeks....





Bo is helping "clean up"
Now that all the hard work has been done (at least for me anyway) I'm hoping to have a little more time to blog on our daily happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment