Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Ecstasy

Halfway through August. Apparently time really does fly when you are having fun. Not that I have been having barrels of it, but I have learned to have fun with the small pleasures life offers.

I recently read something that had me reflecting. A survey showed that people are happiest with experiences in life rather than things.

What I remember and cherish most are my experiences with my family, nature, friends, neighbors, exploring, etc. Those times I have acquired something material..a new house, new car, new outfit, etc. the happiness lasts until the "newness" wears off and then it's just another...thing. Not that certain things don't enable me to have those experiences. Without my camera (a thing) I wouldn't able to document my experiences. Without my car I wouldn't be able to take trips that enable me my experiences. Hmmmm...I guess maybe things and experiences are interchangeable.

Anyway.........

Last week or so ago Skye and I were coming home from the shop when Skye requested we take a detour through the Old Manor Cemetery. Sometimes she has out of the ordinary requests, but I was game. It was a super hot day so we didn't get out of the car and walk around - only drove slowly through reading and looking at the stones that were on the edge of the drive path. I told her we would go back when it got a little cooler and check out the cemetery a little more thoroughly. I noticed some really old looking headstones on the edge of the woods in the back of the cemetery that looked intriguing.

When we left the cemetery we took a side road I wanted to check out. As we traveled down the road through the canopy of trees this huge house appeared at the end of it. It looked unkempt and vacant so we drove around to the driveway on the side of it. There was a modern car in the driveway so we opted not to get out and nose around....


A morning walk with Toby and Bo in the park.....





Afternoon dips in the pool on a hot day.....


A VERY HOT, but BEAUTIFUL afternoon at the skate park....




How can this be comfortable?.....


Poppa.....


I typically only get snapshots of sunsets but this particular shot was taken of  the sunrise on the way to my friends house one morning....


This old man is seen everywhere in Manor. He sets up his little "traveling band" and plays his guitar solo in front of various establishments. And no, it's not worth the stop to listen, but it is entertaining to say the least....


Oh, and last but not least we finally got our GRIDLOCK TATTOO website launched. Check it out here. I'm really proud of hubby's work. He is an excellent artist with exceptional skills in dealing with people. If you stop in to read my blog and you are ever in the area - or know someone who is/will be please stop by and say hi or better yet get a tattoo! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment