Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Biking Town Bird Lake aka Lady Bird Lake

Toby bought me a new bike for Christmas and I've been itching to give it a proper christening. With its blue skies and balmy temps, today was the day.

We loaded up the bikes and headed to downtown Austin.

We unloaded the bikes and just started peddling. There is no end to biking and hiking trails in Austin so we pretty much just rode randomly around.

I couldn't believe how much fun I was having.  I always prided myself on enjoying a brisk walk, jog, or a hike but biking the trails sent me to new levels of enjoyment. On the bike we could cover a lot of ground in a shorter amount of time, which meant getting to know the city a little better.

My legs were like jello and I admit I had to hop off my bike a couple of times and walk it up some inclines, but in time I'm pretty sure I'll master those small hurdles.

Even though it was a little harder to take pictures riding a bike, I did stop off to get a few shots of our ride....

Lou Neff Point




We also came up on Governor Greg Abbot's innauguration celebration.  I'm not into politics but that was intriguing. I'm always about new experiences.

It was nice to be able to manuever around and about without fighting traffic or finding limited and sometimes very expensive parking in a vehicle....






The past several weeks have been so cold, gray and gloomy that I was beginning to get a little depressed. Today definitely lifted my spirits.



No comments:

Post a Comment