Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Zoo, a Bike Ride, and Some News

This week the weather has been warm and sunny so we took advantage with some outdoor activities.

On Tuesday we met up with friends at the Austin Zoo. We haven't been there in a few years and since it's a rescue zoo I don't feel so bad about spending money there...



Toby always enjoys talking to the animals....






We also road the train....



On Wednesday Toby and I took the bikes out for a ride along the Pflugerville Trail System. We rode approximately 8 1/2 miles along the trail....



A portion of the trail rambles along Willow Creek. With the recent rain, the creek was flowing nicely...


It was such a peaceful ride with plenty to see. I don't get many pictures when I'm riding because I don't like to stop my momentum on the bike.

And the news....

Lucas and Emily set their wedding date for April 25 so it looks like we will be taking a trip to South Alabama in a couple of months.

I almost have a sense of dread about the trip. I have never taken out the time to analyze my feelings about it, but every time I think about going to Alabama I get an anxious, sick feeling. It feels like I'm taking a step back in time.... like I'm scared I'll get stuck there and never be able to escape again.

The only thing that excites me about it is seeing some family members and watching my son get married so in that case I will make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment