Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Beautiful Day

It was a beautiful day today. One of those southern style winter days. Warm with a hint of crisp in the air.

Going outside and soaking up the sun uplifted my gloomy mood. Nature and the sun is how I gather my emotional energy.

I know most people hate positive or inspirational shit, but thinking in a positive way is what gets me through each day. After all, I don't believe in the invisible being in the sky to save the day. I'm pretty sure I'd be sorely disappointed if I did, so I rely on what I know pulls me through the rough times.

I spotted this spider that had set up his food trap on my abandoned summer patio set. I figured I'd let him stay since I probably won't be using it for the next few months.....


I also spotted rose buds on my rose bush. Up until I acquired this rose bush a few years ago, I never realized that I would love roses so much. I'd never owned a rose bush before. This rose bush is the most hardy of all my landscape plants, enduring both the drought and frost without batting a leaf....


I also liked the way this old bird feeder contrasted against the changing leaves of the Cedar Elm. Last I checked there are not birds, but a family of wasps that have taken up residence in it....


I've not been doing a very good job of keeping up with my 365 days of sunsets. They come so early now that I'm usually too busy to even notice. I only noticed this one the other day, because it was casting a reddish reflection on my kitchen wall....


Dodadagohv i!

No comments:

Post a Comment