Thursday, December 3, 2015

Doing What I Love

The past couple of days the cool and sunny weather has been perfect for hiking.

Wednesday we met up with the good company of friends to hike the Southeast Metro Primitive Trail.

I really enjoyed the pond area...


 

The bright midday sun is washing the colors out of my photos so you can't see how pretty the turning leaves were or how the sun beams danced off the water.....




One thing I learned after moving to Texas, there are A LOT of pointed vegetation....


 Pretty yellow flowers...


On Thursday, Toby and I had some errands to run, but we did manage to work in a short hike at Spicewood Valley Trail.

These flowers always catch my eye. I see them everywhere. I'd like to say they are some kind of Aster, but I really don't know.....




This looked like it would be a great swimming hole in the Summer....



Something about this tree trunk caught my attention. I don't know what the scientific reason behind wanting to touch something you find interesting looking is, but I had to touch it before I took the photo....


Looks like somebody was in the spirit.....



More contrasting colors. I LOVE color....


I love the way this one staggered color from top to bottom....


An interesting looking rock. A primitive guillotine maybe????


I never regret a day getting outdoors, even if I do nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment