Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Blunn Creek Preserve

Today Toby and I headed to the downtown area to Blunn Creek Preserve. It's been several years since we've been there, and all I could remember about it was that it had an old, inactive volcano on it's premises.

Mexican blankets - or Firewheels, whichever you prefer to call them - were absolutely beautiful. They fully lined the edge of the first half of the trail. I know this is probably blasphemy, but I favor the Firewheels over the beloved Texas Bluebonnets. They look like little happy suns.





Happy Suns :-)
Most of the trail was shady with little sub trails that led to the creek.....


I loved this old, huge tree. It reminded me of the old trees back in Mobile....




 Blunn Creek, I presume...



We hiked up the hill towards the volcano and got a view of St. Edward's University....



Here is the site of the old volcano, not much to look at, so you have to use your imagination....



After our short hike, we headed to Baby A's for a Purple 'Rita, some chips and queso, and uninterrupted couple time.

No comments:

Post a Comment