Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Freedom Rings at Sixteen

After months of classroom hours, lectures, videos and all the hoop jumping Texas requires for you to obtain a driver's license, Skye finally reaped her reward. She is now the proud owner of a State of Texas drivers license....


In turn, her freedom means my freedom. Gone are the days of taxi driving or random trips up to Sonic at 8:00 pm because somebody gets a craving for a half price slushie.  No, I won't miss that at all. I've waited for this day for a very long time!

Matter of fact, I plan on utilizing HER services with that forgotten grocery item off my list or simple errand that I just don't feel like getting out of the house for. I've become quite the homebody in the past couple of years. I much prefer puttering around in my yard, the greenbelt, or crocheting as opposed to fighting Austin's horrid traffic nightmare that I believe had to be spawned directly from Satan himself. Mama's gettin' too old for all that nonsense.

With the warmer weather, Skye and I have been enjoying sitting outside in the evenings. There was a nice sunset last night....







Last fall, Skye planted some seeds from the small Halloween pumpkin she bought. We had forgotten all about it, until we spotted these nice yellow blooms a few weeks ago. Looks like we'll have some pumpkins this fall, as long as the animals don't get to them first....



I also spotted this moss that looked to have seeds growing from the top of it. I don't know much about moss other than it needs really specific moisture conditions before it can grow......


 Skye was invited to an Easter Egg Hunt by some neighbors to a church near us. Skye was the oldest one there, but she seemed to have fun with it anyway. Since she's never been brought up with religion, I think she was curious how the "other half" lived. 

I don't think she was impressed with her church folk observations and made note how Easter Egg Hunts weren't actually "hunts" anymore. They just throw all the eggs out in a field and yell, "GO". I guess that's all part of the everyone wins social game we have nowadays.





No comments:

Post a Comment